Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Butterfly Tag in Sorbet Colours

Some of you may have read recently that I don't really like pink or blue to work with and really have to push myself to use them. . . well I have been challenging myself to move out of my comfort zone and here is a recent creation:
This was just a prototype for future project. I cut a rectangle of Whisper White cardstock then made the shape at the top using the Window Frames Framelit Dies and the little punch hole from Chalk Talk Framelit Dies set. The ribbon is the Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush Ruffle Stretch Trim to tie in with the colour scheme.
For something a little different I stamped the small splashes from Gorgeous Grunge and the fob watch and cogs from Clockworks in Smoky Slate. I then stamped En Francais in Versamark ink and heat embossed in white.  I then stamped the four different butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri and Best of Butterflies in Staz On Jet Black ink. The little bit of script at the bottom is from Notable Notions in Staz On ink.
The background is sponged Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana ink. I love the emboss resist technique and it always gives such dramatic results. The greatest challenge with this technique was not mixing the colours too much.
I added a quarter of a doily to the bottom corner for some texture and interest.

A very simply and very colourful project. . . and I am almost happy with the results.
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni