Friday, August 23, 2013

Secret Garden Swap for North American Convention

My sister attended the North American Convention with me and because she had marking and reports to do in the lead up to our leaving she was really strapped for time so I put together a quick swap for her.  She had to stick the last components together on the plane. . . a good thing that we had 24 hours of flying to our destination. . .

Here is the simple but hopefully effective card:

Base card is Crumb Cake mounted with Whisper White.  I have generation stamped the leaves in Old Olive, the flower stems were also stamped in the same colour. The little fill flowers are stamped in  Daffodil Delight. These stamps are in the Summer Silhouettes set.  I also stamped the grunge splatter in Crumb Cake ink ~ it is from the Gorgeous Grunge set.

I stamped the solid flower from Summer Silhouettes in Tempting Turquoise and the centres in Midnight Muse.

Finally I stamped the little scatter flowers from Summer Silhouette and the large solid flower from Secret Garden in Melon Mambo (I also took the flower centre stamp from Summer Silhouettes and stamped the centre of flower in Midnight Muse ink).  The large flower was cut out using the Framelit Dies which match the Secret Garden stamp set.

I wanted to add some texture hence the Crumb Cake strip embossed using the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder.  The greeting was punched out using the Large Oval Punch and the base the Scallop Oval Punch.

I snuck in some divine Washi Tape from the Gingham Garden Collection and the Epic Day This & That Collection to add further texture.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and images Shanni..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanni, I love all your work :D

    What I'd like to know is - is the technique "generation stamped" the same as "stamping off" ? I mean did you stamp the first image onto the card, then 'stamped off' onto the card as well, to get the lighter shade [2nd generation].
    hugs
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni