Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More Amore Designer Fabric - Valentines

I don't generally celebrate Valentines' Day and my husband certainly doesn't celebrate it lol! But I thought I should make a card on the off chance that he changed his mind and sprung a dozen long stem red roses on me or a box of Guylian chocolates!

I adore the More Amore Designer Fabric in the Making a Difference Seasonal Mini and wanted to work it into my card project. . .
The base card is Real Red and I have mounted a piece of Basic Black card stock on it.  The designer fabric is adhered using Multipurpose Adhesive sheets.  I wanted to incorporate a lot of texture and thought that the best way to do this would be to use some Real Red Core'dination card stock, which I embossed with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and the Big Shot.  I then gently sanded the embossed grain of the card stock to give it a soft suede effect.

I also used the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit with some Core'dinations card stock and sanded them off gently (the one with the polka dots and the hounds tooth worked a treat). And then I punched a few more hearts in matching card stocks to balance the whole thing.
I have punched some plain Basic Black hearts out using the retired Trio of Hearts punch.  I couldn't resist adding some extra bling and texture by punching a few hearts out of the Real Red Glimmer Paper.  The sentiment comes from the You're a Gem set.
Finally I added a few hearts to the inside because in reality it's what's on the inside that counts. . .

Happy Valentines Peeps!
Shanni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni