Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bless You Tissue Paper!

I am loving so many things from the Seasonal Making a Difference Catalogue and seem to be discovering new things every time I page through it. . . one of the items that I wanted to "play" with is the Creped Filter Paper.

This Creped Filter Paper looks as fine as tissue paper but is as strong as card stock and can be used for all the purposes that card stock can be.  Stay tuned over the coming weeks for some projects incorporating this versatile new paper.
Not content to leave the Creped Filter Paper white I wanted to add some colour so I spritzed a page with water then added a few drops of reinker in Pool Party, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. I then re-spritzed in order that the colours leached into each other. It was amazing how quickly the filter paper dried. Do not panic if the colours seem very dark ~ they will dry off a lot lighter.

I then stamped with Versamark using the stem stamp from Field Flowers and the two flower stamps from Fabulous Florets and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I was stunned at how quickly and evenly the image glossed up. I then mounted the stamped image on Whisper White cardstock and again on Not Quite Navy card stock
 

Stampin' Up! has introduced this beautiful Delicate Details Lace Tape which is a bit like washi tape but stronger. I am loving it as well - this is the smaller of the two sizes of tape that we have. I have also snuck in a piece of Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper as the pennant at the rear and a Designer Builder Brad which I made with some of the Creped Filter Paper ~ I wanted it to look a bit like a moonstone. I also snuck in a piece of doilie to add to the feeling of luxury.
The Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper has a great combo of colours and designs in the selection ~ Island Indigo, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry and Tangerine Tango just to name a few. This paper is an exclusive gift when you spend $100 or more on Stampin' Up! products until 22 March.

If you would like to book a party or host a class let me know as soon as possible to take advantage of all the FREE stuff that you can earn during Sale-a-Bration.  Of course as always this offer is limited to Australian residents and obviously it is essential that you live in the Cairns region.

So the next little creation I came up with using the same style of image is this one:

I simply cut the stamped image out using the Ovals Collection Framelit Dies.  I also cut a "frame" using the same dies (two sizes apart) in Not Quite Navy card stock and then ran it through the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder and Big Shot.

The base card looked a bit plain so I rounded the corners to fit the "oval" theme and then because I wanted to jazz it up a little I ran it through the Big Shot with the Holiday Frame Textured Embossing Folder.
I then sprayed the whole project with Stamping Perfume - Frost White Shimmer Paint diluted with rubbing alcohol! Perfect.

I am always surprised at how the same stamped image can be treated differently and change the entire outcome of what the project looks like!

Until next time
Shanni xx

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni