Saturday, January 26, 2013

Off the Page Projects for Heartfelt

When Sophie Zadeh from Stampin' Up! asked me to demo at Heartfelt she said that I needed to show something that was a bit unusual that might appeal to paper crafters. . . I was a little bit worried because papercrafting is all about individual tastes and just because I like something is no guarantee that anyone else will.  So I felt quite tentative in suggesting that I teach rose making. . . Fortunately my demos seemed well received

Thanks to all the attendees for coming to watch my demo and for your warm reaction and response.

Here are some of the Off the Page projects that I displayed at Heartfelt Brisbane in November.
This is a small rectangular tin that I covered with First Edition Specialty DSP then Not Quite Navy cardstock which I had stamped with the flower stamp from Elements of Style set in Whisper White Craft ink.  I distressed the cardstock both before and after to give the tin an aged look.

I decorated the tin with small rose buds that I made using the Rose Making technique that I demo'ed at Heartfelt.  The roses are made from Whisper White cardstock daubed with Not Quite Navy ink. I wanted to add a contrasting colour so I made some small filler flowers with Whisper White cardstock punched with 11/4 circle punch and cut and curled in a spiral fashion.

The leaves are punched with the Bird Builder punch from Fan Fair DSP and Silver Glimmer paper.  The pearls add just the right contrast and continue the floral theme.
I wanted to add something a bit unusual to this box and a friend of mine Susan Smit from Holland (sussipoppins) incorporates angel wings onto lots of her projects.  So I cut these acetate wings using the Elegant Birds Bigz Die and then dusted the tips with Dazzling Diamonds (and Tombow glue).
The tin is the perfect size for reinkers and other embellishments.

Next project is a photoframe that I "dressed up".  It includes the Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart along with a stamped image from Elements of Style (that I coloured in with Stampin' Write Markers).
Roses made with Riding Hood Red cardstock and Fan Fair DSP.  The leaves are punched using Garden Green cardstock and the Little Leaves Sizzlet. I also punched a few leaves with the Bird Builder punch and Champagne Glimmer Paper. I can't resist a bit of glitter and bling in my projects.

The latice is punched with the Lattice Bigz die from Brushed Gold cardstock and the Crumb Cake Scalloped Tulle Ribbon has been topped with Tombow glue and Champagne Glass Glitter.  I daubed the roses with Riding Hood Red ink to tie in the over all colour scheme.

Hope this inspires you to transfer your paper crafting skills from flat cards and scrapping pages to 3D items.

Ciao for now
Shanni xx

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! You do such lovely projects! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni