Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stampin' Retreat Treats 2012

A group of 30 crafty people attended my annual Stampin' Retreat this year at Tinaroo and as always I put together a stash bag of Stampin' Up! goodies for people to play with over the three day weekend although I have to admit that lots of people don't discover what is in their bag until they get home and unpack. 

This years stash bags included a stamp set, designer papers, dazzling details, pens and a simply sent kit along with a heap of project ideas and off the page items.  I always make something unique for all the attendees and this year was not different.
So there were only a few double ups but everyone received a decorated tin filled with chocolates.  This is an example of one made with Twitterpated DSP.  The label is from the Friendship Preserved stamp set which I stamped and embossed with the new pewter embossing powder - yum! The image was then cut out using the co-ordinating Window Frames Framelit Die.
Here is the same stamp set image done with black embossing powder. The background is Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP.
And the top of the tin was stamped using the maple leaf image from Gently Falling.  I embossed the image with black embossing powder and coloured the image using More Mustard and Pumkin Pie ink and a dauber.
Another tin decorated with the Twitterpated DSP (I love this paper suite as it is so versatile and the variation in designs and colours are gorgeous).  The image is from the Friendship Preserved set, embossed in pewter embossing powder and cut out with the co-ordinating Window Frames Framelit Dies.
Some of the galz who came on retreat love their butterflies so this paper from the Patio Party DSP range seemed the perfect choice.  I have coupled it with the image from the From My Heart stamp set which has a wonderful collection of sage advices.  The butterflies were cut out using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die.
Twitterpated DSP is one of my all time favourite papers released by Stampin' Up! and I married it here with an image from the Fabulous Florets stamp set.  The Little Leaves sizzlet die and the Labels Collection Framelit Die seemed the perfect accessories to balance the whole project.
My eldest daughter is allergic to cherries and unfortunately they are my favourite fruit so I am forever stamping images of the ruby beauties for her as we have decided if she can't eat them at least she can look at them! So this is one of my favourite tins.  The pretty red and white polka dot paper is from the Summer Smooches DSP range.  The stamped image (which is embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder) is from the Mouthwatering stamp set. And the white framed background is from the Labels Collection Framelit Dies.

I'll share a few more of the treats in my next blog.  Hope that you gained some inspiration.

Cheers
Shanni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni