Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Reason to Smile. . . Gerberas

I love Gerberas - they are my favourite flowers and when I heard that Stampin' Up! had a promotion this month which involved a free stamp set featuring gerberas, I knew that I had to get my hands on the set!  And the best part is that it is called A Reason to Smile. . . Two reasons in fact - 1. that it is free and 2. that it spotlights a beautiful flower. . .

A Reason to Smile is a two step stampin' set and I have yet to really play with it. . . But so far I have enjoyed stamping the flower outline and colouring in.  Here are two of my creations from tonight's team get together.
I masked the flower stamp image and stamped randomly before colouring using Real Red and Riding Hood Red Stampin' Write Markers for the red flowers and Melon Mambo and Rose Red Stampin' Write Markers for the pink gerberas.  The vase is a Framelits Label Collection die cut shape, which I ran through the big shot using the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. I then partially punched out the top of the vase using the Extra Large Oval Punch. The base of the vase is a Round Tab Label punch out cut in half.
This card is fairly bright but rarely do we see gerberas in dull colours and I wanted to capture some of that frivolity. . . so once again stamped in Staz On Jet Black ink and then coloured using the Stampin' Write Markers in Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight. . . even the colours sound happy. I used  Tangerine Tango as the base card and accented it with Tangerine Tango Scallop Dots Ribbon.  I couldn't resist going over all of the flowers with Crystal Effects to make them pop even more.

I have issued my team with a challenge this month to come up with the best creation using the set and have a few entries so far. . .will keep you posted on the outcome.

Sharing the love
Shanni x

2 comments:

  1. This is such fun and so pretty!
    Hugs

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards ,love the floral theme and your perfect colouring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni