Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Paper Belles Rosettes

So Convention is upon us and I am posting this just as I fly south for three days of conferencing and a day and a bit of sight-seeing.  I am excited but a little sleep deprived and looking forward to all of the amazing things I am going to see, learn and feel. 

These are the gifts that I have done up for the galz in or group whom I will be spending the next four days with. . .
There are twelve of us Paper Belles heading to Canberra and I wanted us to each have something that tied us together without being OTT.  I have made some rosettes for the girls to wear on their jackets, lanyards or bags - in fact some may prefer never to let these little guys see the light of day. . . but what the heck?

The Extra Large Pillow Boxes at the rear of the rosettes contain the Bag Tags which have been featured over the last month - the rear of each Bag Tag has the name of the attendee and I have customised little aspects - added owls for The Night Owls and other little bits and pieces for the chics. Some girls did not have official name badges (and I like to give my down lines a badge that they can wear to Stampin' Up!events) so that is the little attachment you can see on 2-3 of the packages as well.
The rosettes are made using the Bigz XL Flower Fold Die with Spice Cake Designer Fabric which is just beautiful as it manages to straddle earthy and brighter tones easily.  The primary colour combination is More Mustard, Pool Party and Soft Suede. I made the button in the centre - printed The Paper Belles in script on Very Vanilla card stock and then stamped over it with the flourish out of Creative Elements in Crumb Cake and daubed the edge with More Mustard and covered the whole 3/4" punch out with Crystal Effects. 

Each rosette has about twelve layers of fabric - the last or bottom layer is the largest flower from the die - it's made with rubber backed curtain material as I wanted something a bit sturdy so that the whole rosette didn't collapse.  I have also glued a brooch clip to the back of each rosette.
I attached each rosette to a piece of card stock which I had embossed with the mini heart embossing folder from the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions set in the Autumn Winter Mini Catalogue.  I punched out two heart shapes one from the Owl Builder Punch and the other (in Pool Party) using the Small Heart Punch.  I wrote my messages to the glaz on the back.

This rosette is made with a slightly different combination of colours to highlight the earthier tones in the Spice Cake Designer Fabric.  Each of the fourteen rosettes that I made are slightly different and are unique in their own way just like the members in our Paper Belles team.

Having fun in Canberra now and will report back post Convention.
Shanni xx





1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful person Shanni, always so thoughtful and you really go the extra mile!

    I hope you all have an absolutely fantastic time, no doubt you will.

    I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni