Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Mum. . .

It's my mum's birthday today and given the past few years of ill health I am delighted that she has reached this year's celebration!  I thought that I had better make her a special card to mark the occasion so zipped this card up early this morning.

The base card is Blushing Bride which will be retiring in August - I love this pink because it isn't too prissy and has almost an oyster tone to it and is so rich looking on every project.  I have used Twitterpated DSP and mounted it on Marina Mist.  I stitched around the edge really roughly with matching blue thread.

The rose wreath is a stamp from the Apothecary Art - I stamped using Bet Black Staz On on Whisper White and coloured in using Stampin' Write markers - Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red and Pear Pizzazz and a blender pen to merge the colours. I cut around the stamped image as I wanted to use the smaller sized Labels Collection Framelit die so that it was proportionate to the card size - the label is mounted on Blushing Bride.


I made the large flower out of Blushing Bride using the Blossom Punch in the Autumn Winter Mini.  The edges were daubed with Riding Hood Red to tie in the colours.  The Marina Mist roses are made with the Fancy Flower punch.  Leaves in Pear Pizzazz made with the Little Leaves Sizzlet die.

The new Pleated Satin Ribbon from the mini has been mounted on Marina Mist Satin Ribbon to give it a bit of pop on this busy card.  I love how easy the new pleated ribbon is to use and it makes every project look special.

I highlighted opposite corners using Pearl jewels and you can see that I Crystal Effected the roses after I coloured them to give the stamped image a little glamour.



I made two smaller roses for the top corner using the Fancy Flower punch with Blushing Bride and Marina Mist card stock

Enjoy the start of your week.
Shanni



20 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is Stunning Shanni. Your Mother will Love and cherish this..Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely. The flowers are just so pretty saw this on MIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Again, you have the best flowers! Oh and I love that you used the word 'prissy' in your description! LOL

    I hope your mom has a great birthday. Thanks, for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty....great layout. Saw you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mum is going to love this those flowers are beautiful indeed. saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shanni, that is GORGEOUS! I bet your mum loved it! Your flowers and layout is amazing!

    Thx for linking up at the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Shanni, this is just beautiful! Your Mum will be so thrilled to receive it. You have excelled in tying all these pretty elements together. The double ribbon looks terrific as does your stitching.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

    Michelle:o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card. I love the flowers. I saw this on MIM.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and vintage! I just love it all! Visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and colorful. I really love the design, the combination of papers and flowers are wonderful. Spotted this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your card on MIM, gorgeous! Love those ribbons especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is Fantastic. Saw this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this on MIM,such a gorgeous card, love the colours and roses too, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your card is just gorgeous. Saw your post on MIM and had to stop to visit. I love the colors that you chose and all the beautiful details. I am sure your mom will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Shanni this is so beautiful!! I love the flowers and that ribbon is just beautiful.
    Such a wonderful card you have put together sweetie.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.


    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is stunning! The flowers are gorgeous.


    I’m stopping by fro MIM.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card. Love the flowers
    Saw you on MIM and had to pop over
    MAria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the layers and colors!! Fabulous PP's and flowers!!
    Saw you on MIM :0)
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shanni .
    Quite an elegant creation . I think that the pleated ribbon did add the WOW factor .Your hand made flowers are beautiful .
    Thanks for visit to my blog and comment .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Even more gorgeous and stunning in person. You are very talented Miss Shannean xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni