Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awash with Flowers - PC - Outline Stamping & Daubed Colour

Sometimes I like to challenge myself to sit with a stamp set and make ten cards before I am allowed to move on to my next projects. . . This week's PC - personal challenge - was Stampin' Up! Awash with Flowers.  The set is a two step stampin' set and has plenty of images to choose from and although I have owned it for a year now it only gets used for random projects. 

I have come up with ten designs.  All cards are made in the A5/C6 size which means that they are all 10.5 cm x 14.8 cm.  I like to mount my image stamped cards and there is a fair bit of weight in them. This week I also chose to use colours outside my comfort zone.  I really have to push myself to use pink and have to remind myself that whilst it is not my favourite colour, it is a lot of other people's favourite colour. . .

So first challenge - stamping outline and colouring with a dauber - here are two different colour schemes for the same technique and are good examples on how vastly different projects can look by simply changing colour combinations.  I stamped the background randomly in black ink then daubed in the colours.


Colour scheme - Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz.  Background colour - So Saffron.  Remember to always stamp off the inked dauber first so that you don't end up with blotchy colour spots.


These colours were easier for me to work with - sweet set Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum and River Rock.  I also added Pear Pizzazz for the leaves.  The background colour is River Rock as well.  I embossed the Blushing Bride card on the front with the Sizzix Big Shot Elegant Bouquet embossing folder to fit in with the spray of flowers theme.

Back soon with the next PC. . .black boarding.
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni